1.29.2012

Engage-aversary!

Today is our one year anniversary of being an engaged couple. A year ago, Patrick sweetly cooked his parents and I a lovely breakfast and sent me off to get my nails done with his mother. I, completely oblivious, went along with it and in the evening we rushed off for our dinner reservation at the Coast Guard House near what would be our venue, the Towers!
Me, about 20 minutes before Patrick proposed!
During our lobster ravioli dinner!
After some loving words and a tasty dinner, we decided to take a walk on the beach that we knew so well. Little did I know, our friends were waiting there for us! Patrick took me on a quick walk, and then suggested we head back. As we did, he pointed to what I would find out to be a gorgeous bouquet of blue roses, and I turned and found him on his knee! He asked me to be his wife and I said YES!!!!




It was such a beautiful moment. One that I will never forget!

Today, a year later, we celebrated with a yummy brunch together! Followed by a tasting of cupcakes from one of the bakeries that might end up doing the cupcakes for our wedding! It was lovely. It's nice to take the time to reflect on our year, and what's to come. 

Hello love!
(I may have finished the entire mountain of food I had)



The flavors we tried were Chocolate-frosted Vanilla, Boston Creme, Tiramisu, Vanilla-frosted Vanilla, Red Velvet and Carrot Cake! They were from the Newport Sweet Shoppe in Rhode Island and they were SOOOO good! It's going to be super hard to pick flavors (but we still have got one more bakery to try). (More on that later, of course!)

Patrick,

I love you so much. I can't wait for our wedding. Your proposal was the best night of my life. I love you forever. *****

Best,

Micah

1 comment:

  1. so cute..i love those pictures and you two certainly celebrated the right way! I just love engage-aversaries!

    ReplyDelete