2.24.2012

Cupcake Fiend

Image via Hyperbole and a Half
Yes, that's what I think of too, when I read "Cupcake Fiend." I think also that this title can also be attributed to me. I mean, I talk about them ALL THE TIME. It's an obsession, spurred from Patrick's birthday last year at which cupcakes were present. You could say we met, we wooed and the rest is history (I'm still talking about cupcakes, yes). So, in all my fiendish-ness---I want to bring you my personal favorite flavor picks! Here is my perfect half dozen flavor cupcake box (suitable for almost any palette, perfect for a party or just for a sweet treat). These cupcakes are from Kick*ss Cupcakes in Davis Square.
  • Plain Vanilla Cake with Vanilla frosting - Classic, and can be dressed up with sprinkles or food coloring. Always tasty and almost everyone will love it!
  • Plain Vanilla Cake with Chocolate frosting - If you're going to serve vanilla, there needs must be a chocolate option.
  • Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting - This is becoming more and more my favorite flavor. The sweet-but-not-overwhelming frosting, the lucious red velvet-y cake! SO good. And so pretty!
Those are my classic choices, now for the funky flavors to spice things up!
  • Chocolate chip Cookie Dough with Cookie Dough filling - This is exactly as delicious as it sounds it is.
  • Pink Lemonade - It's a citrus-y summer-y piece of heaven that never fails to look adorable and taste amazing!
  • Strawberry Shortcake - So yummy, so tasty and it's healthy (kind of) because it has a strawberry on it...no? Ok.

You know you want one.

 
So those are my favorites! Oooh! I also love a good chocolate PB cup. No one can resist that. Now we just have to narrow our two bakers down and decide on flavors together! (Patrick, these options I laid down for ya, whatcha' think? Eh? Eh?)
 
Enjoy your friday and have a cupcake! Totally worth it, will make you smile.
 
Best,
 
Micah
 

1 comment:

  1. I had red velvet for the first time last week, I think my brain likes it because it's red, it's like a novelty rather than it being usual brown sponge lol. Those funky flavours sound like a must try, especially the pink lemonade - haven't seen that flavour here in the UK, as yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete