5.10.2012

Gifting my Groom!


Sorry, it's been a busy few weeks. As we draw closer and closer to the big day (and several of our good friends' big days --- Wedding Season is almost upon us!), we're getting busier and busier! We're getting RSVPs daily, and even got some early wedding gifts! Speaking of gifts...Patrick,


Hey Patrick, I love you so much, but you can't read this one! It's about your wedding present! So skedaddle! And I think he's gone. 

So, I've been thinking about wedding presents for Patrick ever since before we got engaged. I have had several ideas, but --- as I trolled Etsy, something caught my eye. And it arrived today!

Check that sweet packaging!
Patrick and I have a specific love for all things Modern Art! Now, don't get all uppity --- Modern Art can mean several things for several people. For us it means this: clean, fun, colorful and non-traditional. Not "orthodox-y" as Patrick would say. We've taken very much to Mid-Century Modernism, so artists and architects and designers like Piet Mondrian, Walter Gropious, and Charles and Ray Eames really pique our interest when it comes to visual art and how we plan on decorating and building our home.

So, like I said, I was trolling Etsy for present ideas and spotted nothing else but Mondrian-inspired cuff links! I thought this would be a wonderful present for a man who dresses very well (like Patrick).

Fancy!
The two together!

I can't wait to see his reaction to this present (I have plans for a second part to the gift, that will be revealed soon!)! 

Are/Did you get your Soon-to-be-Hubby a wedding gift? What was it? When are you planning on gifting him --- rehearsal dinner, or morning/day of the wedding? 

All the best,

Micah


No comments:

Post a Comment