12.18.2011

Suddenly Soppy!

soppy [ˈsɒpɪ]
adj -pier-piest
1. wet or soggy
2. Brit informal silly or sentimental
soppily  adv
soppiness  n

That's me, or at least, that's me these days! I know I have mentioned it before, that I am far more easily moved by movies, pictures, art, stories, anything since we've been engaged. Even at the since-broken wedding of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries, I got a little teary-eyed (and yes, I am deeply embarrassed to admit this). The other night, I was watching Disney's Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey and I cried when my character's break-up scene happened. Guys, I was reading a 'Real Weddings' story in BRIDES magazine and teared up. (The bride wore her mother's dress!!!) When did I become such a mushy-stuff-cry-face???

Ever since Patrick and I got engaged, I've become more sensitive to romantic things. I get a little happy-teary eyed at poems about love and Shakespearean Sonnets, and Rom-Coms and everything in between. Now, I have always been a hopeless romantic, so I connect well with the emotional life of a story, poem or artwork. So,  it's not that I'm unsure of the cause, but it's just interesting to me to have such a strong spike in my Soppy-Scale. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much enjoying being mushy with every slightly wedding-related thing or small heart-shaped candy on top of my cupcake. It's just funny to me that there's an apparent difference in how I react to things. Probably its that I begin to think about our marriage and what it will symbolize. And how exhilarating it will be to begin our lives together.

Therefore, I am only slightly not embarrassed when I get a little teary finding my fiance wearing his wedding ring around the apartment, or seeing a bride walk down the aisle with her father in a movie, or lately during the song in our production of a "A Christmas Carol" when Young Ebenezer proposes to Belle. Whatever! I proudly am a soppy fiancee and don't care who knows it!

Best,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment