9.24.2014

Wedding Cupcakes - {Anniversary #2 Edition!}

I interrupt these recaps to bring you...a CUPCAKE recipe!

As you know, I have had a long, torrid affair with cupcakes. I'll not deny it. It's all over this blog! Well, our cupcakes were amazing! Beautifully crafted by Patticakes bakery, they were as delicious as they looked...





In addition to those beauts, P and I wanted to have a small cake to cut, like a top tier that we could use for a cake cutting and of course freeze and nom on for our one year anniversary! My grandmother made ours with an amazing recipe she used to make her own daughter's (my aunts) wedding cake. It was DELICIOUS! And even one year later, (my SUPER-preggo self was gleeful to have it) it was so tasty. We enjoyed it our wedding night and our first anniversary celebration. Check it.




(I guess this is turning into a cake/cupcake recap!)

Anyway. Deliciousness for days! We were so happy with the cupcakes and so in love with my grandmother's recipe. Since we only saved enough from the original cake for our first anniversary (also, I don't think two years would be healthy or even edible for saving a wedding cake in the freezer), I asked my grandmother for the recipe - here it is folks! The BEST wedding cake recipe, ever.

Wedding Cake Recipe 

(OK well, I made cupcakes - I cut the recipe in half for the cupcakes. I will include the full cake (which makes two 10 inch pans) in parenthesis next to my measurements)

Cupcakes -You will need..
2 1/8 cups flour (4 1/4 cups)
1 1/2 cups sugar (3 cups)
3 tablespoons baking powder (6 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon salt (2 teaspoons)
1 cup of milk (2 cups)
3/4 cups of Crisco Shortening (1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (3 teaspoons)
3 eggs (6)

Frosting - You will need...
1/2 cup of Crisco per 1 box of Confectioner's sugar (you should really just eye-ball this, watch for the consistency you want)
4-5 tablespoons of water or milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Cupcakes
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk, Crisco, vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.








Frosting
Add the Crisco and confectioner's sugar to a large bowl, mix until thoroughly combined. Add milk or water and more confectioner's sugar to get to the consistency you want. Frost cupcakes and enjoy!



I know they aren't pretty, but they were good!!!
I made them first as a surprise, but I spilled the beans before long! I was too excited. We shared our cupcakes at the Tower House where we stayed for our wedding (because we're huge saps like that), and they were so great. I hope you find enjoyment in them too!

Enjoy!



With love,

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment